From disease diagnostics to drug delivery, medical devices make it possible to prevent illness and save lives. But how can you ensure your device reaches its full potential?
Here are five ways to increase the knowledge, skills, and performance of doctors using your product:
#1 Include medical context
- Even though you are training medical professionals, or rather because you are, make sure that you’re speaking the same language. To increase understanding, accurately display the human body and highlight interactions between the known anatomy and your novel device.
#2 Integrate interactive 3D
- What’s more engaging than static anatomical images? Anatomical models in interactive 3D! In medical education in particular, studies show that teaching with 3D live media is more effective than with print.
#3 Practice, practice, practice
- Studies show that practicing clinical skills in a simulation-based environment is more effective than traditional education methods. Give your user a way to practice implementing your device and hone their knowledge before patients are at risk.
#4 Make it available, easy to connect to, and reliable
- To ensure your training is as effective as possible, make your content accessible at all times on all devices. This way, users can continue to come back to it time and time again.
#5 Pull out all the stops
- Finally, studies show that using multiple education techniques, addressing multiple learning styles, and introducing multiple exposures to the same content are the most effective ways to increase understanding of highly technical or scientific topics. So when you’re training a broad audience, introduce your content in as many ways, and as many times, as possible.